Join our team!
The Initiative is seeking a highly motivated, visionary, and inspiring leader to serve as Director to continue to propel our work forward. Applications will be accepted through Workday.
The Environmental Innovations Initiative brings together researchers, scholars, and students to develop new ideas and innovative solutions for our global environment, maximizing Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary strengths, building collaborations across disciplines, and creating a catalyst to spur new areas of inquiry. Reporting to the Associate Vice Provost for Research, the Director will work with the Faculty Director and Associate Director to lead and grow the Initiative.
- Directing the operations of the EII office, including supervising three full-time staff members.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director on developing and executing a visibility strategy.
- Supervise the Program Manager’s management of student programming and office management.
- Oversee a suite of data-informed projects managed by the Research Coordinator.
- Cultivating collaboration with Penn’s faculty, centers, institutes, and offices across campus.
- Maintaining relationships with the leadership of each of Penn’s 12 Schools.
- Leading core engagement programs like the EII Faculty Fellows program and the Internal Advisory Committee.
- Representing Penn in local, national, and global events and activities.
- Leading a set of activities designed to ensure impact and outcomes in local research activities with key partners throughout Penn.
- Participating in external networks such as the International Sustainable Campus Network and the IVY+.
- Day-to-day Operations and Management.
- Communications and Outreach.
- Program and Event Planning.
- Stakeholder Management and Board Coordination.
- Budget and Metric Management.
- Reporting and Grant Writing.
- Strategic Planning.
- Program and Event Delivery.